Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This is What Happens When You Don't Pay Attention to the News,

You're confronted by these scenes and have no idea what's going on.



Actually, I did happen to watch just enough of the news to hear that the queen was visiting Melbourne today. So it didn't take me long after seeing the Fed Square crowds to remember what was happening.

Fighting through crowds I couldn't help but wish I had've paid more attention to her itinerary this morning. Or least least put Fed Square + a visit from the queen = St Kilda rd a no go.




But I didn't. And that is why I found myself in the middle of the hysteria of the queen visiting.

What really blew my mind was how long some of the people had been waiting there for. Since I didn't get there at the crack of dawn yesterday, I could only find a place to view the goings on from outside Flinders station. By the sounds of the conversations around me many people had wagged school (fair enough, that), or had just not bothered going back to the office after lunch.

Still, I figured that maybe the crowds would thin out a bit once I walked down St Kilda rd. They didn't.


I basically had to walk half the distance to my location before I came to the end of the road block. And with a heavy bag and no water, it was not a fun walk. It was actually quite painful.

All that being said though, I totally saw the queen! And I do have this little momento to remember this day, which may just end up on ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment