Monday, October 24, 2011

Drivers Who Are Too Cool To Indicate

We all know and are frustrated by these unpredictable drivers who believe themselves too cool to indicate at intersections. But we usually assume that these heroes are young drivers and/or male (usually of the hoon variety).

I don't know about you, but I certainly never imagined that women on the older end of middle aged could be part of this group.

And yet, I was almost hit by two, yes two, middle aged to old women today who felt themselves to be above the passe task of indicating. I guess they just assumed that I had the power of mind reading.

Actually, the first woman to almost hit me at an intersection was eldery and driving around the corner so slowly that I could've done a dance routine and still get out of the way. And if she had of hit me, I would've been unlucky to be bruised.

Still, slow elderly style driving is still no excuse for not indicating!

I don't think she understood why I shouted "Indicate!" at her once I was safely on the footpath. Stupid woman.

The other woman, however, was a different story. If she'd hit me, she would have caused me some serious damage.

Since this was the second incident in the same day of drivers feeling themselves too cool to indicate I was feeling far less tolerant of their idiocy. This woman recieved an even angrier shout of "Indicate, you stupid woman!"

Both these women glared at me as though it was my fault I found myself in their path as they tried turning. So maybe it's just me, but I tend not to make a habit of seeing a car indicating which way it's about to go and rush to get in front of it. But judging by how both these women glared at me, that's precisely what they do.

Or maybe they both possess the power of telepathy, and assume that everyone else does to, so indicating is just an exercise in futility.

But really, these drivers who are just way too cool to indicate need to have their licenses revoked and forced to run an obstacle course with drivers who don't indicate and see how they like it.

Maybe that will teach the morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment