Saturday, October 8, 2011

Planning My Story

Ok so this is what I know about this damn story that has taken control of my mind;

It focuses on one big event that quite possibly destroys the world. It is told from the points of view of different people. Each chapter will be a story dedicated to a different person, because I get bored with the same characters and abandon the story.

So hopefully a new character each chapter will prevent me from getting bored and actually allow me to complete this damn story.

Not sure what the event is just yet. So I really need to figure that out beyond someone getting hit by a car and dying.

Thinking that I can incorporate some of my other attempts at writing a novel into this, since I never really get beyond the first chapter of each novel writing attempt. This means that some of my old characters get a second chance at life (unless I decide to kill them), which should please everyone.

The story takes place in the present or the near future, except for the first chapter, which is yet to be placed somewhere in time.

But I really do need to figure out what the consequences of my space man being hit and killed by the car are. His death is what triggers the events that follow.

So this is what happens so far;

• Zita meets the dragon
• Dean meets the spaceman and has a night out with him
• The spaceman is hit and killed by a car (whether he is with Dean when this happens remains to be seen).

And that is far as I can see.

Hopefully the rest of the story will make itself clear to me as I write about Dean and the spaceman (who may need to be named).

No comments:

Post a Comment