Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Trick?

For the last couple of nights I have been hearing a disembodied meowing coming from under the house. Even though I thought it might have all been in my head, I was still running around looking for the damn thing.

Well, actually, just making sure that all of the cats were still inside last night. It was too cold to actually go outside and get under the house. Plus there's the whole spiders under the house factor, which I really have no desire to face. Especially in the middle of the night!

And since all of the cats were inside the house, I had to content myself with the fact that I was either imagining the meowing, or that it was one of the cats being all sneaky and throwing his/her voice.

Except this evening I got confirmation that it was neither of those!

My housemate and I were watching TV and we both heard the meowing. So did one of the cats, and I don't think she's quite that good at throwing her voice.

So there must be a cat under the house!

A cat that only meows when no one else is around.

And only at night.

Maybe it's not a cat under there, after all. Maybe it's Horry and/or Charlotte having another go at haunting the house.

By pretending to be a cat stuck under the house at night.

Although, it did have me running around looking for it last night, and I was half convinced that it was all in my head. So maybe the ghost in question is onto something with this latest haunting scheme.

Very sneaky if it is Horry and/or Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment