Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Day 21/09/11

I must admit that last night things weren't boding well for me; I was facing a day of limping around, trying not to make my blisters worse and the fact that I ate under cooked chicken for dinner (and I still resisted the urge to throw up when I realised this. Apparently risking food poisoning during a job interview is more preferable). Plus the fact that the job I was going for required me to have a passport.

But it turns out that all that worrying last night was pointless; I got band aides and wore thick socks, and eating the under cooked chicken didn't have any ill effects on me. I didn't magically get a passport over night. The power of wishful thinking really isn't that great. Wish it was, though.

Not that it matters now.

I didn't get the job with MAM/Qantas.

I don't actually know what they were looking for. I was bright and bubbly and put myself out of my comfort zone ... actually not really. For that to be really true I would've been a conversation starter. Not a conversation joiner, which is super eay to do in the group interview setting. Although, I did volunteer to be the group speaker for one of the activities. I never do that. I sit back and let someone else volunteer. So I did put myself out of my comfort zone!

The only thing that really could've brought me down was my humour. I think it may have been a little too dark (and possibly sadistic) for what they were looking for in potential cabin crew members.

But the people I was having lunch with when I got the "Go home. We don't want you message" all got the same message and a couple of them were in one of my groups at one time or another, and they all showed bright, bubbly, outgoing personalities that all good cabin crew members should have without any signs of dark humour.

I'd say our written responses let us down. But we all got the messages too soon after being let out to lunch for the written responses to have been read.

So that meant I got to head home a few hours earlier than planned (no walking home from the station in the dark for me!). That meant that Vline disrupted my musings as I tried to figure out where I went wrong in the interview.

Honestly I don't know what the Vline employees were seeing! Whatever they were seeing wasn't visible to us lowly, unSighted passengers, which made their constant nagging announcements about not boarding the train until instructed when no one could be seen trying to do just that annoying and confusing.

I can only conclude that part of the job requirement for Vline is to have the Sight so that those sneaky ghosts and apparitions can't sneak on board and avoid paying for a ticket.

I guess that's why there's a gnome who drank too much Skele-Gro has a child working for Vline.

No comments:

Post a Comment