Sunday, June 12, 2011

Earthworms

I know I've been banged on in the past about how we should fear the inter-dimensional travelling

bunnies, the squid and the monster under the bed, but I think I may have been wrong about them.

Well, actually, maybe not the inter-dimensional travelling bunnies and the squid; they could still pose a significant threat to us. However, I doubt that the monster under the bed is much of a threat to us.

But anyway ...

All of the above pose a threat to a certain degree. But there's something else that could pose a threat to us; earthworms!

Yeah, that's right. Earthworms. Or more precisely, the earthworms indigenous to the Ballarat area ... I don't actually know if it's just a Ballarat earthworm thing or just an earthworm thing in general. All I know is that the Ballarat earthworms seem to be going against the natural order (although that's how I feel about all earthworms).

I just went outside to throw out some trash, and was greeted by the sight of the largest earthworm I've ever seen. It was massive. Not quite Gippsland earthworm size. But it was up there.

Now some of you might be thinking that I may be over reacting to the sight of the massive earthworm at the front door. But you weren't there! You don't know what it's like. You didn't hear it.

Yeah, I could hear it.

I could hear this weird sound as it moved, trying to escape from sight and hide. It made this weird rattling sound each time it pulled its body along the cement ... and to confirm this I actually stayed and watched and listened to it for a few minutes. I wasn't imagining the sound. It was real!

Once I confirmed I wasn't imagining things, this got me to wondering. Mainly what was the earthworm doing at the front door so far from the dirt it's supposed to call home?

My only conclusion: it was trying to get inside the house! And that it heard me coming to the front door and decided to try and hide.

I don't know why it was trying to get inside the house. I can only assume that it wanted to kill every single living thing inside.

Why would it want to do that?

I don't know.

But I think it's time that people took the earthworm threat seriously ... especially so for the good people of Ballarat; the earthworms in Ballarat are definitely larger than your average, and actually makes an audible noise.

It's time people did something about these unnatural beings, just like Senater Kelly and Warren Worthington when they felt threatened by the mutants. I'm not suggesting that we build an AI unit like Master Mold (two simple reasons for that; building AI always backfires when the unit gets smart enough and Master Mold destroyed humanity in its bid to destroy the mutants).

But it's only a matter of time before the earthworms rise en mass and take Ballarat for themselves. Something needs to be done, and soon, or else Ballarat (and quite possibly the rest of Australia) will become the new domain of the earthworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment