Friday, June 10, 2011

Seriously

Is society forgetting about basic etiquette that's really basic common sense?

I really think so ... and I blame that on the fact that society is just getting stupider and stupider each day.

My biggest gripe about the lack of basic etiquette that's really basic common sense, is that everyone seems to think that the best place to pause and do whatever it is that they have to in the doorway of buildings as they're leaving.

Yeah, stand in the doorway of the supermarket and check your groceries. That's a good idea, because no one else is trying to leave or enter. So don't look so offended when I elbow my way past you as I'm leaving. If you're stupid (and rude) enough to think that the doorway is the perfect place to pause and chat or whatever, then you're too stupid (and rude) not to be elbowed.

I don't care if you're old and decrepit, or your feral kids are playing up, stopping in the doorway is still a very stupid (and rude) thing to do. So stop it immediately.

Then there's those annoying people who push in front of you and then go slow when you're walking. Most of the time, it's easy enough to pass these people, but there seems to be a growing number of people with eyes in the back of their heads and will move whichever you you do when trying to pass them, preventing you from doing so.

Ok, ok, I'll admit that I am impressed with the fact that some people can see out the back of their heads. But not when people are doing it just so that they can walk slowly in front of me and prevent me from passing them. I really should start pulling faces and these people more often. It seems to upset them enough for them to let me pass.

I'm sure that there's more that I could list. But these two issues have been bugging me all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment