Thursday, April 7, 2011

Time to Move?

I think it might be time to move.

It seems that the intersection next to my house is getting way to dangerous. Not to mention that explosion that happened a couple of blocks away ... although that was probably a once off thing and has absolutely nothing to do with the damn intersection.

The intersection has always been a hotspot for hoons. But they've never hooned around it as much as they have been lately. Or if they have and I just haven't notice, they haven't caused any damage.

Yesterday there was the driver who somehow collided with the "keep left" sign and

lost half his front fender thing (I'm not a car person, so I'm guessing the term), and didn't even bother stopping despite leaving a fair amount of his car behind. And he wasn't even turning when he hit the sign!

Today it was the hoon who did a burn out while crossing the road, and then went down the street sideways. Normally I'd say the driver was drifting. But the car was facing the wrong way for that. So either the driver was trying to be cool, or he had lost control and luckily didn't crash (although the world would be a better place without him in it).

There's also the drunks who like to do burn outs and who knows what else in the small hours of the morning on Saturday and Sundays. One of them even does it during the day; we can hear him coming up the street.

Yeah, he's so cool that he has to start burning out 200 meters from the intersection.

The streets in front of and next to the house are lined with the black tyre marks from these cool legends.

But it's not also the fast paced, burning out hoons. There's also danger from the old, slow drivers as I found out today;

This morning I was outside smoking, when I saw a car just roll through the intersection. If it hadn't have been for the curb, I'm pretty sure that the car would've only come to a stop in the Indian restaurant. It's lucky that there was no other traffic at the time, otherwise I'm pretty sure that there would've been an accident.

So I'm thinking it's time to move to a house that's not on a corner, let alone at an intersection. I have no idea how a car hasn't already ended up in our yard/house. But with the way people drive through that intersection, it's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment