Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And Just to be Different, Job Hunting Training and the Retardedness of Internet Explorer

This week in the course we're looking at interview techniques.

So far we've covered appearances and body language (which probably goes under appearances).

No surprises so far ... except for that activity where we had to judge the appearance of the person sitting next to us. I don't think anyone was pleased about being judged. It's not like anyone dressed to be judged today. That's what tomorrow is for.

But covering all that took about 30 minutes, tops. And since we're supposed to be in there "learning" for at least an hour and a half, we were sent to the computers to apply for some more jobs and/or print off proof of our job searching activities yesterday.

Printing off proof really shouldn't have taken more than five minutes, since I was just printing the auto sent emails I recieved after each application. But the CVGT computers are retarded and use Internet Explorer, which defies description in how retarded that program is;

It took me about five minutes per email to print off, because every time I pressed print, IE would freeze on me and not respond, and there was nothing I could do. I had six emails to print off.

I was feeling very homicidal.

I was more than ready to smash the damn computer before throwing it out the window, and then run around screaming in rage.

The damn thing better work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment