Friday, April 15, 2011

Once Again, I'm Talking About Job Finding Training

It's what has been filling my days, so what else to you expect from me?

And I do have to make a concession on this topic. I have found the last couple of days helpful.

Yeah, that's right, I have gotten something out of it.

I have always suspected that there was the possibility that my resume might not be impressive enough to land me an interview after applying.

Can't say for sure whether or not I was correct or not yet. But I can tell you that my new jazzed up resume certainly looks better than the previous one.

I've also suspected that my cover letters, when I've actually bothered with one, might also be letting me down.

No questions there.

They were.

Turns out that the way I was writing them were too negative sounding, and therefore unimpressive.

That has been fixed (since I use one cover letter and tailor it to the job I'm applying for).

Now all I have to do is apply for a shitload of jobs, and wait to hear back from potential bosses. Or so I'm led to believe in training.

I just don't know what we're supposed to be doing all next week.

Probably interview techniques.

I don't think I need training for that. I know where I go wrong in interviews: over thinking responses and then choking.

But that's what I thought about this week. So there's a chance that I might pick something up other than "don't over think it."

No comments:

Post a Comment