Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Peer Pressure

You should all be proud of me; I didn't cave to peer pressure today.

Hooray me!

*pats self on back*

Maybe you should actually hear what the peer pressure was about before you start congratulating me, because I certainly don't deserve those pats on the back (I assume you also gave me a pat on the back).

Since I want to join the army, I have to have a certain degree of fitness in order to pass the fitness test. So my housemates that they'll help keep keep my morale up by running with me.

That way everyone wins; I have competition and motivation to keep slugging on, and everyone gets fitter and healthier.

So the evening run has very quickly become a ritual in our household.

However, today I just wasn't feeling up to it. My legs were very sore from my legendary effort at the beep test last night and my walk to and from Centrelink this morning. I was also feeling very fatigued.

I decided not to take part in tonight's run.

That was not what my housemate's wanted to hear. They kept at me right up until they walked out the front door with the dogs, constantly asking me why and if I was really sure about not going for the run.

So, it turns out that peer pressure can be a good thing. I was totally facing peer pressure to go for a run tonight, proving that it's not just something awkward teens face when their mates start drinking and doing drugs and all that bad stuff.

Teens have really given peer pressure a bad name.

So by showing my strength of will or whatever, I have shown that I am physically weak and lazy.

Therefore, I leave it up to you to decide if I deserve to be patted on the back or not.

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment