Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cats and Ghosts

So normally I'm pretty cool with the fact that I live in a haunted house. Horry (the resident ghost for those of you who don't know) really isn't all that bad. More annoying than anything.

And certainly not all that effective as a ghost.

Until recently.

Apparently while I was away this weekend, the hauntings in this house stepped up and become a little more real and scary.

And then the Blinky Bill VHS turned up today with the name Charlotte scrawled across the cover in permanent marker. Our general agreement is that that name hasn't always been there. That it's only just been written on there.

So now we have two ghosts ... either that, or Horry is a transvestite, and is a more effective ghost when dressed up as Charlotte.

But this still didn't really disturb me; apart from being a little surprised by the sudden appearance of Charlotte's name on the Blinky Bill VHS, none of this didn't really effect me.

Until tonight.

Yeah, now I have my own effective ghost story ... and the cats totally proved that there was definitely something else besides me and them in the room;

I was watching TV, alone (since everyone else is in bed), and the floor boards behind me creaked like someone was walking.

Sure, sure, it's an old house and these kinds of sounds are to be expected as the house "settles" at night.

But that theory got thrown out the window when both Josie and Leo both reacted as though there was another person in the room with us. I don't know what it was, since I couldn't see it. But they could both see whatever it was that was walking around behind me. They both stared at it, and Leo even warily went up to investigate it closer.

Pretty sure that a "settling" house wouldn't have two cats acting as though there was another person in the room.

Really just hope that the haunting events don't get any more serious than this, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment