Friday, March 18, 2011

Our House; The Haunted House

Yeah, so I'm beginning to get worried about this house. It's getting a little hinky here, I think. The two or more ghosts haunting the place are seeing to that.

I just don't know how long it has been haunted.

Weird things were happening here before I moved in. Those same weird things also stopped just before I moved in. Nothing weird happened again here until after Halloween 2008.

Our 2008 Halloween party included an excursion to the old Ballarat cemetary, where a very drunk attempt at calling up the dead took place. Since nothing actually happened, we poured some punch onto the grave as an apology for disturbing the deseased's peace.

Our peace offering wasn't accepted. Maybe we should've used something better than the very strong Res style punch we were drinking at the time.

But after the 2008 Halloween party weird things started happening in the house again. Nothing concerning. Just the TV or radio just randomly turning on in the middle of the night, and a door occassionally opening or closing for no apparent reason.

Pretty average stuff. Nothing that spooked us. But these events did make us aware that Horry had followed us home from the cemetary.

We've been ignoring his attempts to spook us since then. He's been about effect at that as the ghost in the toilet was until Pete Twist gave him a pep talk.

But now it seems that Horry is stepping up in the world of haunting; he can now flush the downstairs toilet ... don't know why he doesn't flush the upstairs one instead, though. However, this is more of an annoyance than spooky. It costs us money every time he flushes. Not to mention the water he's wasting.

Although the random downstairs toilet flushing can be ignored. What is really giving me cause for concern is that Horry seems to have brought back a few of his wee lil' ghostie mates with him from wherever he's learning to be a more effective ghost.

At first I thought I was imagining these spectres. I seem to be the only one noticing them, if the complete lack of my housemates saying anything about seeing them is anything to go by.

But then Tomas saw something. I don't think he's quite aware of what he saw, since he thought it was his cat Shego, until I pointed out that she was behind him, and not in my bedroom.

Yeah, the latest ghost sighting is in my room. So unbelievably not cool.

Last night, I kept seeing the top of the head of something pacing beside my bed under the window. Since I was half asleep whenever I saw it, I told myself that it was a sleep muddled figment of my imagination, and that was that.

Then, this morning Tomas was trying to get Shego out of my room. He apparently saw her moving in there, and told her so. Just after he said that, Shego emerged from under the couch in the lounge room.

So I have no idea what he saw in my room. Probably the same thing I was watching last night.

Needless to say, I have some concerns about going to sleep in there tonight now.

No comments:

Post a Comment