Monday, March 21, 2011

2012

Well, here I am, talking (or writing really) about 2012 and the end of the world. Something that has been discussed to death already ... and I'm about to add to that.

But I've been watching a lot of docos pertaining to the end of the world, and I really don't like the direction my thoughts have been taking as a result.

Bleak. Very bleak.

And surprisingly more religious than expected, considering my lack of religious belief.

I'm sure you all know the story. It's familiar enough. 21st December 2012 the world is set to end. There's many different versions of this prophecy. But most of them seem to all say the same thing; the world as we know it will end (maybe not in as many words).

Like I said, we're all familiar with this prophecy ... so I apologize for repeating to you.

I was happy with that prophecy. "The world as we know it will end" is a pretty broad prophecy and could mean any number of things. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a negative end. It could be the dawn of a new age. And looking at how we've progressed age-wise, it will most likely be a positive end and an even better new age.

Scientists could crack the human genome, and completely eradicate all illnesses and diseases.

Scientists could make it to warp speed, and in our space travels come across Spock's relatives. New allies and mates!

Scientists could discover the lost city of Atlantis, and ... well, I'm not too familiar with the Atlantean myths. But from what I do know, cracking the human genome and getting to warp speed could definitely be possible.

There's any number of things that could happen that would end the world as we know it for the better.

But then I had to go and watch some religious based doco about the end of the world. That shook my nice warm and comforting beliefs about the 2012 apocolypse.

Suddenly I was thinking about 21st December 2012 in a religious context!

What would happen if Jesus did indeed come back to earth?

Would there be a rapture, followed by a war to end all wars for the poor souls left on earth?

If there was a war to end all wars, who would take on the role as evil?

Look, I know the rapture legend, ok. The truly Christain and righteous will get save and go to heaven, Jesus comes to earth and leads God's army against the army of the evil forces.

So it'd be natural for most people to say it'll be Lucifer leading the forces of evil.

But Lucifer probably knows about this apocolypse prophecy, and he's clearly not one to follow the rules. So why would he wait until most people have been taken to heaven before trying to harvest as many souls as possible?

What good would waiting until after 21 December 2012 do Lucifer?

And if he's planning an attack why wait? Wouldn't it be better to attack early and catch the forces of good by surprise. A sneak attack, if you will. It's right up Lucifer's alley.

So it can't be against Lucifer that Jesus' army will be fighting against. So who will they be fighting against?

I'm guessing the army of evil will comprise of every non-christain person left on earth. So I'm guessing it'll be quite a large army, (which is why Jesus' army will be facing such a bleak outlook.

Jesus will be leading a war to end all wars that will pit man against fellow man. Unless David and The Prophet Muhammad come back with Jesus and also preach the purest form of religion to those left behind; love. Not hate.

I'd like to say that these new fears of mine are baseless. But I can't. I can only hope that they are, and that my original thoughts about 2012 are correct.

And the worst part is that I have to wait and see.

I don't like waiting!

And I have 21 months of waiting ahead of me.

I'm just going to have to try and curb my imagination and stop thinking about 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment