Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Second Trip to the Shops

Before I get started, I'd like to point out that, yes, I do inedeed live a wild life. Going to the shops twice on the same day. Pretty wild stuff.

But I assure you, the wildness ends there. I'm not going back to the shops for a third time today. That would just be crazy.

The trip the second time round was so much more boring than the first. I put that down to the not having my iPod with me. I never realized how much I relied upon it to keep me entertained while I wait for the bus.

Although not having the iPod with me did give me a chance to notice the almost complete lack of old people. I guess I answered my earlier question. They only venture forth from their houses in the morning, when all the dangerous young people are still at home asleep ... also maybe the heat drove them back to their houses as well. I can't be sure.

I probably wouldn't have noticed this if I had've been plugged into my iPod. I tend to zone out while I'm listening to it.

And the shops were just as busy this afternoon as they were this morning. But the afternoon crowds were just young families and bored teens, counting down the days until the can return to school (little known fact about teens; they do actually enjoy school. No matter how much they say otherwise).

I had plenty of time to notice all this while I waited half an hour for the bus.

I had been hoping to catch an earlier bus than the one I ended up getting, since I only really went out to pay that damn phone bill (which was cheaper than I had thought it was. Don't know how that happened). But then I had to return to Coles for the choc mint ice cream that I have been hanging out for since Saturday (curse my desire for choc mint ice cream!). I also had to get kitty litter. But the kitty litter was an after thought, really.

Although I was relieved not to cross paths with that crazy old man again. That wouldn't have been cool.

But then maybe he would've provided me with some amusement while I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment