Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Haven't Written for Awhile

Well, as the title clearly states, I haven't written anything for awhile now. And it's actually really bumming me out that I haven't.

So the whole point of this entry is to look at why I haven't written anything.

Although, I don't know why I chose to write it right now, since it's meant to be some kind of stream of consciousness thingy, with all of my attention on this. That's not going to happen, because I'm keeping an eye on the time so that come 5pm I can turn the TV on and watch Avatar: The Last Air Bender (I'm not sure if it's meant to be Air Bender or Airbender, but whatever). And then after that I'll be enjoying some all new iCarly.

So clearly, my attention isn't really going to be 100% on this blog.

But back to the point;

Why I haven't written anything for such a long time;

Ah, well, laziness, I guess.

I just haven't been bothered to actually get around to writing anything. I mean, I'll turn on my computer with the intention of actually writing about something, but I never do. I just procrastinate until I finally come to terms with the fact that I have no intention whatsoever of writing anything.

And yet, I always promise myself that nect time I'll actually write something ... I don't know why I do that. It seems like a complete waste of time and effort on my behalf.

But I think another reason why I haven't written anything for such a long time is because I just haven't had anything to write about.

Again, this ties into the whole laziness reason.

I blame the sudden heat on this though. Because it's been so cold, and then suddenly we're facing temperatures in the high 30's or low 40's, it's a bit of a shock to the old system. Even for somebody who doesn't mind the heat. All I've done on these last few hot days is just sit in the darkened house trying to stay cool and watching TV.

I guess I could sit here and try to think up a whole lot more reasons why I haven't written anything for so long, but it all probably ties back to the whole leaziness thing.

I mean, I could totally use the fact that I'm completely broke as a reason. But not having money doesn't stop me from going out for a walk and observing the world and the idiots who inhabit it.

So I think I'm going to end this post now. I'm happy with the reason I've come up with ... well, I'm not happy that I'm so lazy. But I'm happy that I have found out why I haven't been doing anything constructive lately. And if i just keep on continuing trying to find reasons, then I'll just be in denial about the whole laziness thing.

So not looking for anymore excuses.

Although is laziness really an excuse?

Has saying "I was too lazy to do that," ever worked and gotten people out of trouble for not doing something like homework?

I seriously doubt that it has.

Teacher; Why haven't you done your homework, Jimmy?
Jimmy: I was too lazy.
Teacher; Well, that's alright then. No detention for you, Jimmy.

Ok!

Stopping that now. I've clearly had too much coffee and need to get out of the house. But I have established that laziness isn't an excuse. It's a reason.

And on that note, I'm leaving now.

With five minutes to spare until Avatar; The Last Air Bender starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment