Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weight Loss Fads

Yeah, I'm back onto the whole weight loss thing.

I seem to be harping on about that a bit lately. I guess it's because I'm trying to lose a few kg, so I'm a little more aware of it on TV and all that.

It's also, because I'm actually putting in the effort to lose weight (most days).

But I'm sick of seeing all these fad weight loss diet regimes being advertised on TV, advertising that the food or pill product will help people lose weight without actually having to do much (if any) exercise.

They're just pandering to all the fat lazy slobs who want to get skinny without actually having to do any work!

As far as I'm concerned, being skinny is really more a sign of how fit and healthy you are. You have to actually work hard to achieve being skinny. That means actually going out and doing some (shock! horror!) exercise.

I mean, sure eating healthy does help. But you still have to do some exercise. But it's not all food (or pill) based.

When I was working as a door to door sales person I was outside walking around for most of the day. And most of the food I ate during that time was just Maccas or Hungry Jacks. I didn't just have small meals either; I usually had large and washed them down with a thick shake or soft drink.

Nothing at all healthy in what I ate.

Yet, I lost about three kg just from all the walking around I was doing.

No expensive diet regime.

No fat abolishing pills.

Just exercise. Pure and Simple.

These people who pay to lose their fat are just being lazy (unless they're paying for a gym membership), and the the big companies know this. That's why there's so many diet and pill regimes on offer. They're just targeting the fat lazy slobs.

If people want to be skinny and lose weight, they should be prepared to do the work, and exercise it off. Maybe then they'll be successful in keeping the weight off.

No comments:

Post a Comment