Sunday, February 12, 2012

Things I Learned at Work This Week

Ok, so some of these things that I have learned weren't learned this week, but over the whole time I have been working. This week just drove home those things.

Firstly, it seems that people can grow hair anywhere; At least once a day I am surprised by where someone has hair growth. And that hairy chests isn't just restricted to men. Women can also have hairy chest! Although, it's an even less attractive look on a woman, and really disturbing to boot!

Then there's also the fact that the Ballarat City Coucil really should have better signage for their public toilets. No one seems to know where they are. I'm constantly being asked for directions to the toilets ... so much so that I'm sure I would make a nice little profit if I started charging people for directions (although they might be a little annoyed when I tell them that the toilets are just around the corner).

But it's not just the toilets I have to give directions to; people are starting to look for the educational book shop. It seems that they have a general idea of where to look but still can't find it and then get lost looking for it elsewhere. I could totally charge extra for directions to the educational book shop (but again, people may feel a little ripped off when I tell them it's up Sturt St and then a right turn at Collins Booksellers).

It also appears that news spreads fast. Whether it's good news or bad, it still spreads at the same speed; most of the people I speak to now have heard about the energy savers through friends and family and half of them have heard great things and want to get them also, while the other half have heard horrible things and just want to complain about them. So apparently it doesn't matter if it's good or bad news, it still spreads and creates awareness. And all this time I thought bad news spread way faster than good news. Apparently not.

No comments:

Post a Comment