Thursday, October 14, 2010

Writing

Ok, suffering from serious writer’s block at the moment. It’s so uncool. I just want to get on and continue with my story I’m currently writing. I know where I want to take it. I’m not entirely sure.
But that’s not really the point.
I don’t believe in planning stories like that. It’s very restrictive, and stunts character development, which I already know what I want to do, and how.
The problem is that while I have all these plans on how the characters will develop, and the vague outline of the story, I don’t really know how to get there.
The nuts and bolts of the story are what’s giving me the issues so to speak.
At the moment, my two main characters are stuck at the airport buying coffee, and I want to at least get them to the hotel before starting on a short story or two to enter into a couple of competitions.
But at the rate I’m going with this story, I’m not sure I’m going to get them to the hotel anytime soon.
Actually it’s just occurred to me it might be the room that I’m sitting while I’m trying to write. I don’t think I’ve ever successfully written more than a couple of paragraphs when I’ve been in the lounge room. I’ve always been more successful when I’ve written in the so called dining room (it’s supposed to be the dining room, but we don’t use it for that).
I guess I’ve just come to associate the lounge room with procrastination and the like.
So maybe I should just change my location.
Although as it is, this was just a writing exercise to help me get into the flow of writing in the hopes that it would help me with my story that I’m stuck on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment