Friday, July 9, 2010

How Sad It Is

What a sad state things are today;
Marrion being evicted from Master Chef last was bigger news than some nut job throwing an egg at the PM.
I didn’t see anything about Julia Gillard being egged today in the Herald Sun. Admittedly, I read it the Sun online, and skim over a lot of stuff. But, Marrion being kicked off Master Chef was major headline news, and all I’ve been hearing about on the radio. In fact, I think the Marrion thing got billed on the 5 o’clock news before Julia being egged did.
So, that got me to wondering.
Does the Australian mainstream media really believe the Australian public to be so dumb and moronic, they we now only care about the “celebrities” on reality shows, and couldn’t give a rat’s arse about the leader of or country? Or does the mainstream media only show this dribble because the public is that brainless and stupid, that it’s the only way to keep ratings up?

No comments:

Post a Comment